So I've started Tempest, a fun cardigan with some Christmas yarn (thanks Mom and Amber!) My last sweater came out too big (more on that another day) so I dutifully worked a gauge swatch (a full 4in by 4in mind you). Of course I didn't get gauge....so I went up 2 needle sizes and made ANOTHER gauge swatch. I was still a little under so I went up a size. I measured and remeasured! I talked it over with another trusted knitter. I was set!
Everything seemed fine, but then it started to seem a little long....I kept trying to convince myself it was okay. So after I finished the back I blocked it and measured.....way WAY too BIG!!! It will be pretty when it is the right size and thankfully I found out after doing the back!